A plate with four images each separately titled. Upper left: With series title (Mathematical horsemanship. Plate 5) above and caption title (Mr. Robert Rasp letting fall a perpendicular from his saddle) below showing a rider falling off the side of his horse with two others in a similar state in the distance. Also with a cityscape with a domed church in the distance. Upper right, Pl. 6. Mr. Benjanin Bukskin & his horse performing their evolutions, within the circumference of a circle: A rider is thrown over the front of his horse with another rider in the distance falling off the back, a dog pulling at the reins; a city with a domed church also in the distance. Lower left, Fashionable furniture at Hogs Norton. Plate 2: a series of six images of clothes being dried in front of a hearth, table, chairs, coal scuttle, etc. Lower right, Fashionable furniture at Hogs Norton. Plate 1: a series of six images including chimney ornaments, a large cat, plate, mirror, clock, etc.
- Printmaker: Rowlandson, Thomas, 1756-1827, printmaker.
- Title: Mr. Robert Rasp letting fall a perpendicular from his saddle [graphic] / Woodward del. ; Rowlandson sc. ; Mr. Benjamin Bukskin & his horse performing their evolutions, within the circumference of a circle ; Fashionable furniture. Plate 2 ; Fashionable furniture. Plate 1.
- Published: [London] : [Thomas Tegg], 
809.00.00.16 Impression 1
Acquired February 2017
Two policemen are shown arresting chimney sweeps, roughly pulling one by the arm and another pushing an adult chimney sweep away while carrying four little boys on his back or in his arm. Two chimney sweeps on the left and one on the right complain of the crackdown on their trade.
- Printmaker: Grant, C. J. (Charles Jameson), active 1830-1852, printmaker.
- Title: A sweep-ing reform among the clergy [graphic] / C.J.G.
- Publication: [London] : Printed and published by G. Drake, 12, Houghton Street, Clare Market, [ca. 1833]
Catalog Record and Digital Collection
Folio 75 G750 833 Copy 2 (Oversize) no. 55
Acquired December 2016