With original front and back wrappers from part one and front wrapper from Second Part bound in. Some pencil notations.
“Introductory observations on the utility of the art of engraving; the general instruction and entertainment afforded by prints; and some remarks on the difference and variety in impressions”–Signed Thomas Dodd, pp. vii-x.
- Author: Dodd, Thomas, 1771-1850.
- Title: A catalogue of the extensive and truly magnificent collection of prints : forming altogether an unusual display of the most rare and superior productions of the French, Flemish, German and English engravers … : and upwards of 1500 pieces by the hand of Wenceslaus Hollar … : and a capital and rich collection of portraits by and after Sir Anthony Vandyke … which will be sold by a auction, by Mr. Thos. Dodd … on Tuesday, the 6th day of February, 1810.
- Published: [London : Dodd, 1810] ([London] : Printed by J. & W. Smith, King Street, Seven Dials)
125 D639 810
Acquired December 2012
- Title: A catalogue of a part of the household furniture, modern plate, china, fine old port, a fashionable chariot and harness, and various other effects of John Joseph Powell, Esq., barriser at law, deceased : which will be sold at auction by Mr. Christie on the premises, on Friday, July the 17th, 1801 at twelve o’clock.
- Published: [London: Christie, 1801]
View Catalog Record
Acquired July, 2011 by the Lewis Walpole Library.